My undercover record label currently with two releases:
Thingworld and Daldals v.1, studio versions. Download only [available on this website] two large ensemble works. (2011)
$Shot:Lacey/Lauro/Parkins/Cornell, The exquisite limited editions of this score, originally made for a collaboration with choreographer Jennifer Lacey, designer Nadia Lauro, and dancer Erin Cornell, expanded for release as a sound only project, presented in 3 different packages: felt, ceramic and plastic.
Canadian artist Chris Faulkner fabricated the felt envelopes and ceramic mushrooms and Parisian designer Nadia Lauro created the plastic pillow. (2003)
Christian Marclay Festival
Featured artist during the Festival, organizing and performing numerous Marclay compositions including 64 Bells and a Bow, Screenplay, Covers, and The Bell and The Glass. Whitney Museum of American Art, NYC (2010)
Artist Talk: Zeena Parkins (conversation with choreographer Neil Greenberg) [LINK]
- Experiments in the Studio, Premiere performance of commissioned works at the Westbeth Studio, NYC. With John King, George Lewis, Zeena Parkins [Lace Piece.1] and Fast Forward. (2008)
- Second Beacon Event at DIA:Beacon, MCDC with John King, George Lewis, Fast Forward and Zeena Parkins. Held in two parallel galleries devoted to Walter De Maria?s Equal Area Series. (2009)
- Merce Cunningham Memorial, Merce Cunningham Memorial with David Behrman, Alex Waterman, Zeena Parkins, Richard Teitelbaum & Jon Gibson. Park Avenue Armory, NYC (2009)
- The Origin of Geometry: An Introduction, Written for and premiered by Zeena Parkins on solo acoustic harp with electronics, based on the text of Husserl/Derrida. Experimental Intermedia (2006)
- Duo improvisation with Tone/Parkins. Experimental Intermedia (2006)
A website of interactive space cartoons, and a nine track vinyl picture disk.
A collaborative project between artists Kaffe Matthews (London), Mandy McIntosh (Glasgow) and, Zeena Parkins (NYC), which explores the sonic environments humans and animals experience through space travel. Initially the content of the work was fed by research at NASA, Houston, Texas, where the artists posed the question, “What would be your soundtrack for space?” to astronauts, mission controllers and Houstonians. [LINK] [LINK] (2014)
Documenta X “Extempore” Festival
Artificial Eye, In collaboration with video artist Janene Higgins.
Performances also at Location One, NYC and City of Women Festival, Slovenia (1997)
Z Axis Festival
Artist Curator for this 3 day Festival featuring cross-platform performances.
The Festival featured artists working in cross-platform collaborations. Music Unlimited, Wels, Austria (1997)